I’m a Systems Engineer.
Date Available now
Cost Free for veterans
TYPE OF VETERAN REQUIRED
Job Stability: Very stable
Barriers to Entry: High
Current Employability: Very High
Future Employability: Very High
Locations: All major capital cities
Title(s): Systems Engineering
Companies: Major Defence Contractors/Consultants; Downer; Scott Lister; Honeywell; Lockheed Martin
Systems Engineering is an interdisciplinary approach that provides the means to enable the realisation of successful complex systems. It focuses on:
- Defining & scoping customer needs and required functionality early in the development cycle.
- The development of an agreed system specification.
- The application of architectural & design skills to decompose the system specification into a structured hierarchy of progressively smaller but cohesive sub-systems and well defined interfaces.
- Continuous change, release & configuration management of the system, its sub-systems and interfaces.
- Structured validation, verification and integration of the sub-systems whilst continuously considering the complete system problem.
Systems Engineering integrates all the disciplines and specialty groups into a cohesive team effort forming a structured development process that proceeds from concept, to production, to operation to end-of-life. Systems Engineering considers both the business and the technical needs of all customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the user needs.
A fundamental tenet of the Systems Engineering practice is to engineer the whole (the system) as a set of integrated cohesive parts. This is opposed to focusing the engineering effort just on the parts that when cobbled together, will most likely exhibit poor cohesion, incompatibility, inconsistencies, fragile interfaces and will most likely not meet user needs.
We up-skill for free to bridge skills gaps so chat to a WithYouWithMe career consultant if you are unsure about anything listed here.
• A bachelor or masters of Systems Engineering, or a degree or associate degree in engineering (Software, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical or electronics).
• Commercial experience is desirable at a certificate or tertiary level (business, project management, change management etc).
• Experience on the full life cycle of product design and integration into service, including review and testing.
• Excellent writing skills and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with client and executive management.
Proudly recruiting veterans through this pathway