I like to solve problems without oversight. If something is broken, I get in there and fix it. I’m a handyman and love to negotiate for the best price. I troubleshoot and like to understand how machines, systems and products work. I have a passion for buildings and I’m a stickler for rules.
I’m also not afraid of fixing something out of place. I’m a Facilities Manager.
Time 2 – 5 weeks online
Date Available now
Cost Free for veterans
TYPE OF VETERAN REQUIRED
In essence, this role is suited to anyone who has strong communication skills and is good at active problem solving. This role is very well suited to any SNCO, JNCOs who have completed all their promotion courses for SGT or PO, or JNCOs from trade backgrounds.
Job Stability: Medium
Barriers to Entry: Low
Current Employability: Medium
Future Employability: Medium
Locations: Cities of + 600,000 population
Titles: Facilities Manager, Operations Manager, Property Manager
Companies: Mirvac, Charter Hall, Lend Lease, Serco, Brookfield, Downer
A Facilities Manager is responsible for ensuring a building or facility meets the requirements of those who work within it. This includes providing services such as cleaning, security, parking, maintenance and WHS compliance.
A good Facilities Manager will have the following skills and attributes:
– Capable of dealing with multiple stakeholders at multiple levels, such as tradesmen through to executive staff.
– Ability to work within high tempo environments, with shifting priorities.
– Capable of de-conflicting priorities and focusing on the task at hand.
– Ability to rapidly problem solve.
– Ability to manage and lead teams.
– Ability to communicate intent and directions clearly.
– Have a high level of written and verbal skills.
– Exposure to project management or operational positions, though exposure to both is ideal.
We up-skill for free to bridge skills gaps so chat to a WithYouWithMe career consultant if you are unsure about anything listed here.
- Technical expertise and/or trade qualifications in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline. A relevant tertiary qualification is highly desirable.
- Strong people management skills, including subcontractor management experience.
- Previous experience managing a remote site in a service role.
- Commercial acumen, experience managing budgets and developing proposals.
- Experience applying OH&S and Industrial Relations law and regulations to service activities.
- Sound skill preparing, and managing work planning and scheduling practices and procedures, and driving continuous improvement.
- Experience applying statutory obligations, the Australian Standards, codes of practice and the Building Code of Australia to a service environment.